Our sustainability policy and practices:
- We carefully select the projects we work on – and whenever possible, seek those that maximise the positive and reduce the negative social and environmental impacts.
- We care about our clients’ as well as our project partners’ reputation as sustainable organisations. We are proud members of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
- We have formed a partnership with the Travel Foundation, a globally-recognised sustainable tourism NGO, and have worked on guiding the response of the Scottish tourism industry to the climate emergency.
From an operational point of view, we aim to reduce our environmental impact principally by:
- Reducing travel whenever possible, both for us and stakeholders. We hold most consultations, meetings and presentations online to keep travel for all parties to a minimum and limit the number of flights taken during the year.
- Our teams are primarily remote. If asked to participate in a hybrid conference/event, we will choose online participation over in–person whenever possible. If participation in person is necessary, we combine it with other events to maximise the use of one trip and reduce our carbon footprint.
We are responsible travellers, aware and conscious of our social, environmental and economic impact on the places we visit. We respect the local communities and their natural and cultural heritage.
Our Equity, Diversity, And Inclusion (EDI) Policy And Practices
- EDI ensures fair treatment and opportunity for all. It aims to eradicate prejudice and discrimination on the basis of an individual or group of individuals' protected characteristics.
- TOPOSOPHY is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We believe that a diverse workforce brings a wealth of knowledge to teams and encourages creativity and innovation. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. In providing goods and services, we are also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.
- We aim to provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time. As a UK-based entity, we shall not unlawfully discriminate because the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Fair Work First
TOPOSOPHY LTD is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment that values the well-being and growth of our team. With a thorough understanding of the 'Fair Work First' policy, we have initiated and implemented concrete actions across various facets of our organization. From investing in workforce development to focusing on workforce development, open communication, diversity, fair pay, stable contracts, and transparent practices. Our commitment is not just a checkbox; it's part of our core values, believing that a motivated and well-treated workforce benefits everyone.